I’ve always been a huge fan of all things Fall, ESPECIALLY the opportunities for snuggled up date nights and pretty inexpensive outings with family and friends. Every year, my family makes it a point to visit the Dairy Farm where we get lost in the corn maze, see the cows and pumpkins, and enjoy massive amounts of s’mores and hot chocolate by the bonfire. This year though, we started our Fall adventures by visiting BJ Reece Apple Orchard in Elijay, Georgia. When I say I may have found my new favorite Fall adventure, I most definitely mean it.
So from my trip today, here are 10 reasons I suggest you visit an apple orchard this season!
1. It’s inexpensive. For $2 you can enter the orchared, $5 visit the petting zoo, and pick apples to take home with you pre-priced by the bag. Many places these days are so overpriced, this is actually fun you can enjoy on any budget!
2. It’s an all day event. It can make for all day fun if you really take advantage of setting out to find that perfect apple. This is a great place for kids where they can have fun while enjoying the outside! It doesn’t have to be an all day event, we were there a just few hours today. It could also a short visit to stop into the little shop! It’s really up to you!
3. It’s dog friendly. Need I say more? Any day trip can be a little pressed for time when you have dogs to tend to back at home. So why not bring them along? Misty and Mocha chased apples, played with sticks, and enjoyed the sunshine. Mocha even met a goat!
4. They have apple EVERYTHING.Literally everything. Apple cider, apple jams, apple juice, apple fritter, apple pie, apple bread, dried apple, apples by the lbs. My favorite had to be the apple cider donuts (thanks for the recommendation Kaitlin!). YUM. Besides all the apple things you can get they also had things like other pies, fruits and veggies, pumpkins, fudge, boiled peanuts and other snacks and drinks. Even if you don’t stop by and visit the orchard it would definitely be the perfect place to stop and get a sweet treat.
5. Elijay, Georgia is adorable. Y’all seriously. If you haven’t made a trip up to the cute little town of Elijay I definitely recommend it! It’s a quant little downtown that makes for the perfect lunch date duo with the orchards!
6. The petting farm. For $5 you could visit the petting zoo on your way into or out of the orchard. They may or may not have the cutest baby farm animals I have ever seen. To name a few: puppies, calfs, chickens, goats, ducks, bunnies, kittens, piglets. It just makes it all the more fun to be able to snuggle with a cute little critters!
7.It makes for the perfect photo opp. Okay, so my little brothers most definitely hate me after asking them to take so many pictures of me. A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. I feel like the orchards would be the perfect setting for an engagement session or family potrait. There are just rolling acres of rows and rows of apple trees, not to mention the lighting is perfect. If you are lucky, you can even catch the mountains in the distance!
8. They are open every day of the week July through December. This particular Apple Orchard claims to be the only one in Elijay that is open for apple picking during the week. So whether it’s your fall break, teacher work day or just a day off, you can enjoy the fun at anytime! On the weekends, they also offer Cow Milking, Ziplines, and Apple Cannon. Need I say more? The weekends at the orchards seem to be your full ticket for more fun.This farm is a one-stop shop for all things fun.
9. It’s family owned. Having my own “small business” with AdvoCare for about 2 years now, I understand the importance of supporting small businesses. My mom met Mr. Reece himself, and something about knowing that you are helping a family and giving back to the small community of Elijay while enjoying a day in the sun is a rewarding feeling.
10. It’s about making memories. With everything I listed above about why I think you should make a trip to the apple farms, I think the most important reason of all is the memories you can make. Whether it’s an outing with your family or friends, a school field trip, or just a date day I think the memories you will make will be ones you hold onto forever. The orchards have a lingering feeling of fall. There is just something about spending a day in the crisp mountain air and enjoying the sunshine that makes this trip one to remember.