Look in the mirror, do you like what you see? It’s taken 23 years for me to understand my reflection goes much deeper than simply my appearance looking back at me.
Take a second and ask yourself these questions:
- Do you avoid mirrors because you can’t face yourself without finding a flaw?
- Do you take a compliment from a stranger and say ‘thank you’ or do you find yourself countering with a criticism about yourself?
- Do you find yourself on a scale every morning and/or evening?
- Do you find yourself making excuses for your health? Getting to the gym? Making a change?
- Do you question God and his plan for your life?
- Do you go through the motions of everyday wishing you could be more present in the lives of your family and children but exhaustion consumes you?
- Do you find yourself wishing you had more money to help you solve your problems?
I know there’s been a time in my life when I could say yes to every single one of these questions.
I realize that the cause of my unhappiness during some of the darkest times of my life was myself. The way I approached every day was quickly ruining me. I chose to wake up and insult myself and the people around me. I chose to compare my body and my life to people I envied. I let doubts about myself and my life consume me, and I never let any of my unhappiness or doubt show.
I’m a different version of myself than the me that used to answer “yes” to these questions. I choose every day to wake up and be happy. I still have bad days, I still find myself at times unmotivated, but it’s a moment in my day rather than spending my whole day unhappy. I choose not to dwell on my flaws but instead work towards being the best version of myself. I believe that if you can commit to eating healthy and making time to exercise you will be a happier and healthier person. I choose to dedicate my life to the service of others. I’m first and foremost a nurse, but I also help people regain control of their health and their finances through the vehicle of AdvoCare. I never believed in supplements or believed I could have my own business, but what I’ve found in this company is a lifestyle in which people choose to take control of their health everyday. I choose to have a life worth living and to help motivate and inspire people every step of the way. In a world where it can feel like we don’t have a choice to escape our debts and our fears, I choose to be different. I choose to blog about my passions and share my thoughts and feelings with others in the hope to inspire just one person to chase their dreams.
We’re trained from a young age by stigma, the media, and each other to compare ourselves, our bodies, our lives, and our flaws rather than celebrate our lives and the people we are. There are officially 69 days til New Years where resolutions and dreams run wild. Have you thought about your resolutions yet, or the person you’re willing to become next year?
I know I have. However, I don’t see the point in waiting 69 days until you’re ready to get motivated to be a better person and set some goals for yourself and your family? Imagine the goals you could accomplish in 69 days! We could all use some daily motivation from each other and we could all benefit from doing it now instead of only at the mark of the new year.
- I’m celebrating myself everyday with daily affirmations because I know now there’s no one better to motivate me than me.
- I’m building and following my budget more closely because we want to be debt free and I believe it’s achievable.
- I’m traveling more because I believe life is made of moments and memories rather than material things.
- I’m praying every day to thank God for everything He’s given and continues to give me. I’m praying for my husband, for our future family, and for my own family and friends. I’m praying for the people suffering in this world, for the people facing their doubts and fears and for the courage to overcome.
- I’m taking control of my health every day by following my product regimen and exercising everyday even if I don’t want to. I’m helping others to recognize the same for them is achievable if we only just believe that there’s a life out there that’s worth living.
This ‘Life Challenge‘ is all of my resolutions that I’m not waiting for the new year to begin. I’m starting today and I’m taking anyone who’s ready on the journey of a lifetime. I’m not making any more excuses, I challenge you to do the same.